The current position: Home > News >
BRCGS released the Global Standard for Packaging Materials Issue 6(Time:2019-08-01 11:32:50)
BRCGS released the sixth issue of the Global Standard for Packaging Materials on August 1, 2019.
The focus for this issue has been on:
● enhancing the processes used by quality management systems in printed packaging controls and through a hazard and risk analysis approach.
● continuing to ensure consistency of the audit process across the world.
● the importance of a product safety and quality culture in the drive to improve transparency and coherence across the supply chains of food and non-food products.
● simplifying the hygiene requirements based solely on risk.
● introducing a new fundamental clause, corrective and preventive actions, to address issues and minimize the risk of their occurring.
● based on risk, putting a microbiological environmental monitoring programme in place.
● simplifying the unannounced audit programme.
The requirements of Issue 6 have evolved from those of previous issues. There continues to be an emphasis on management commitment, a hazard and risk analysis-based product safety programme and a supporting quality management system.
Certification against Issue 6 will commence from 1 February 2020. All certificates issued against audits carried out prior to this date will be against Issue 5 and will be valid for the period specified on the certificate.
You can download Chinese or English version of this Standard on BRCGS official website.