Introduction of ISO 37001The origin of the ISO 37001 Anti-bribery Management System
In recent years, governments or many international agencies have deeply recognized the dangers of bribery. They have adopted legislation, international conventions, agreements and initiatives to solve bribery problems.However, it is increasingly recognized that the law alone is not enough to solve the problem. It requires the senior organizations to contribute to anti-bribery and anti-corruption initiatives, especially in the comprehensive supply chain and outsourcing process to prevent and reduce the risk of bribery and corruption.
On October 15, 2016, the ISO organization project committee officially formulated and issued the ISO 37001 anti-bribery management system based on BS 10500. As the first international anti-bribery management system, ISO 37001 is designed to help organizations strike bribery risks in their own businesses and throughout their global value chain.The anti-bribery management system reduces the risks and costs of corporate risks that may be associated with bribery by providing a manageable business framework for preventing, detecting and resolving bribery.
Anti-bribery is not only the concern and demand of state-owned enterprises and foreign-funded companies. Facts have proved that compliance management and anti-bribery are the guarantee for the healthy development of any enterprises. We can see private companies like Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu, Jingdong, Wanda, Huawei and others to carry out the governance of internal corporate corruption.
The ISO 37001 Anti-bribery Management System includes the following:
● Anti-bribery policies and procedures
● Senior leadership, commitment and responsibility
● Supervision of compliance operations or functions
● Anti-bribery training
● Risk assessment and due diligence for projects and business partners
● Finance, procurement, business and contract control
● Reporting, monitoring, investigation and review
● Corrective actions and continuous improvement
The standard includes a range of methods and controls measures that represent global anti-bribery best practices that can be used to help organizations establish, implement, maintain and improve anti-bribery compliance programs.
Scope of application
As a tool for anti-bribery compliance management, ISO 37001 is very flexible. The requirements of the standard are generic and can be applied to organizations of any size and nature as long as there is a potential risk of corruption, and the standards are not limited to their application in whole or in part.
What are the benefits?
This standard is intended to help organizations effectively implement an anti-bribery management system to prevent and address potential bribery risks.The organization's adoption of ISO 37001 is beneficial to:
● Prove the attitude, determination and management level of anti-bribery to management, investors, employees, customers and other interested parties
● ISO37001 anti-bribery management system is an international standard, which has been widely recognized at home and abroad, and is of great help to enhance corporate credibility.
● Let the company establish a good corporate culture and make the company's long-term healthy development
● ISO 37001 anti-bribery management system certification can be used as evidence of due diligence in the event of a bribery issue and dispute
● The anti-bribery management system certification has become a consideration or additional points for some international and domestic bidding purchases .
ISO 37001 consulting please contact: